Monday, May 4, 2009

4/29/2009: Sarah Eats With a Fork (and wine)

Sarah has decided that she wants to now eat with a fork, like her brothers and sister do. She's gotten so good at it she can actually feed others!



Dinner was chicken, so I selected a Gruenburger Stein 2007 Off Dry White Wine to accompany. Not too sweet, not too dry. Very nice.



We drank the KWV Pinotage 2007 (on the left) on a different night; I liked it quite well, but April thought it was too dry for her.



I have discovered my new love (and my new quest for moderation) however. Boland Kelder Port 2006. April scrunched her nose when she tried this, for good reason. It's port! 16.5Z% alcohol. But oh man it is good - a little sweet (on this side of dry I suppose, but not overly sweet or I wouldn't drink it), but mainly overpowering taste - very complex and just nice to drink. I drank a couple of glasses and realized there is a reason one drinks port in moderation...

No comments:

Post a Comment