Saturday, February 21, 2009

2/21/2009: Saturday Routine

Today I woke up and, yes, made pancakes. However, this time I found a new flapjack recipe that makes more traditional, fluffy pancakes like my mother makes. John ate four - more than anyone else. Guess they tasted O.K.!



After pancakes, I let the kids watch some Saturday morning cartoons. They arranged their seating, although I added Sarah on the end.



We then went to Menlyn Park Mall (I again forgot to take a picture of it) to get the food products we forgot to get on Friday. While there, I took the kids to see Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler - quite a cute movie with a minimum of potty humour; not too shabby! What's even less shabby is that tickets cost R33 ($3.30) per person, kid's combos with popcorn, candy, and a drink cost R20 ($2), and all together I spent R120 on snacks.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "catch up" notes. Nice roses. Classy vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man,you guys are living it up! I love that you make your kids pancakes every Saturday. What a nice tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture of the kids. Although I didn't realize Vincent was still using a pacifier? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Vinnie will be broken of said pacie by the time we come back - he gave up his favourite pair of shoes to give to a poor child from Zimbabwe, so we intend to use the same method with giving up the pacifier as well.

    ReplyDelete